Lamh Tutor Training Programme 2015
A Lámh Tutor Training Course is planned for Autumn-Winter 2015
Wednesday 24th September Thursday 24th September
Thursday 5th November Friday 6th November
9.00-4.30pm each day
Marino Centre, Griffith Ave, Dublin 9
This programme assumes participants’ background knowledge in supporting people with intellectual disability, in communication support and service provision, as well in-depth knowledge of Lámh signing in practice. It builds on participants’ existing skills by training them to deliver Lámh courses for families, professionals and other communication partners.
In preparation for applying to the course, interested parties are asked to identify the setting where you will run your first Lámh course.
All applicants must be in a position to deliver Lámh Courses following training.
4 contact training days (delivered in 2 blocks of 2 days) covering:
Course content of Lámh Family Course, Little Lámh and Part Two Family Course;
Course content of Module One Course and Module One Add Workshops;
Course content of QQI Level 5 Using Lámh in a Total Communication Approach;
Effective training skills;
Practical activities for Lámh module delivery;
Intensive sign practice;
QQI Delivery Accreditation for Tutors;
Individual signing task;
TO BE OFFERED A PLACE ON THIS COURSE, APPLICANTS MUST:
- Have completed Modules One and Using Lámh in a Total Communication Approach (QQI Level 5) (or formerly Module Two/Lámh 5-Day);
- Have completed ULTCA QQI (or Module Two) more than one year prior to the Tutor Course (there are exceptions for some professions, please contact the Lámh Development Office to discuss);
- Be working in the sector for 1 year or more;
- Be using Lámh regularly in your work and have experience of Lámh use in a variety of settings;
- Have a QQI Level 6 qualification or higher in the following areas: Speech and language therapy, social care/sciences, ID nursing, psychology, special education, occupational therapy, early childhood studies or cognate area;
- Demonstrate experience of delivering information and training to others;
- Identify the setting where you will be running Lámh training.
What previous participants have said about the Lámh Tutor Training Programme:
‘really enjoyed it! Lots to do re: promoting Lámh in my area. I liked the way Lámh was addressed as part of total communication throughout.’
‘I found the course really useful… I found myself reflecting on my practice and getting excited about future plans.’
‘Excellent course and excellent materials provided.’
Applications must be approved by the Lámh Board of Directors before places are offered on the course. You may be asked for additional information to support your application.
Please email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.