Professionals who have completed QQI Level 5 ULTCA (formerly Module Two) training can become accredited to deliver the Lámh Family course, Part Two Family Course and Little Lámh.
- Must be in a position to deliver Lámh Courses following training.
- Have completed Modules One and QQI Level 5 'Using Lámh in a Total Communication Approach' (ULTCA) (or formerly Module Two/Five Day Lámh);
- Have completed QQI Level 5 ULTCA (or Module Two/Five Day Lámh) more than one year prior to the Tutor Course (an exception of this duration applies to Speech & Language Therapists only at this time, please contact the Lámh Development Office to discuss);
- Be working in the sector for 1 year or more;
- Be using Lámh regularly in your work and have experience of Lámh use in a variety of settings;
- Have a QQI (formerly FETAC) Level 6 qualification or higher in the following areas: Speech and language therapy, nursing, social care/sciences; psychology, special education, occupational therapy, early childhood studies or cognate area;
- Demonstrate experience of delivering information and training to others;
- Identify the setting where you will be running Lámh training:
- Have achieved a Merit or higher in both modules if you have completed QQI Level 5 'Using Lámh in a Total Communication Approach' (ULTCA).
The Lámh Family Trainer Module trains participants to deliver:
- Little Lámh
- Lámh Family Course
- Lámh Family Course Part Two
- Family Trainer Handbook
- Family Course Handbook
- Family Course Signbook
- Lámh-a-Song DVD
- Family Part Two combined book
- Little Lámh Book